This is His hand extended for you.

Find A Topic

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Struggling with Looks

Today I am here to talk about looks. Appearance is a funny thing, today esoecially. I know I personally have had a continual battle feeling "sexy." I am against showing skin. I am against showing off your body and I do believe modest is hottest, but sometimes I feel that I am the only one who feels this way and that I am looked over except on the rare occasion that I do show some skin in public.
A friend from out of town stayed the night with us last night and came to church with our family today. She packed one dress and it was so..immodest. I couldn't help but think "she can't wear that into church.." but she did. I think the reason I felt so almost embarrased was because I knew she was going into a house of God. I know that each Sunday I feel our Heavenly Fathers presence in our congregation and its disrespectful to be dressed that way in a house of the Lord.
For me, coming to this realiziation has made such an impact on me today because I want every where I go to be a house of God. My body is a temple and I want the spirit of the Lord to reside in me. By dishonoring myself I am also dishonoring the spirit living within me, and probably not allowing it to be there.
Also, today I read a perfect scripture for what I was feeling. I have never really thought about the fact that we look like God. Yes, we are His children but I never realized I look like Him and so do each and every one of you. Our appearances should be honored every day in every thing we do because we were made to look like Him.
Reading
-Genesis 1:26
Reflect
-Are you dressing in a way that will allow the spirit to WANT to reside in you?
-Are you honoring God's looks by respecting your own?

No comments:

Post a Comment