This is His hand extended for you.

Find A Topic

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Luke 15:11-32: The Parable of the Lost Son





I struggle with forgiveness a lot. I am always saying, "Oh, I forgive you" or "Oh, please forgive me". But do I really mean it? Or am I just saying that because it's the right thing to do? Typically I feel guilty if I do something wrong and I always say sorry, but is that being forgiven?

In Luke 15:11-32, there was a man who had two sons. His son wanted his share of the estate, so the father split it between the two sons. The one son ran off and spent all his money, when a famine hit and he had to return home to his father. He planned on begging his father for forgiveness and to hire him as a worker, but his father treated him like royalty. His brother was very angry and asked why his brother was being treated like royalty when he had gone out and sinned against his father and he had never disobeyed him and never even gotten a small goat in return. His father exclaimed, " My son, you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found."

God forgives us every time we sin, all we have to do is confess. It's comforting to know that we can't do anything that God won't forgive us for. Whatever we do, no matter how bad, all we have to do is ask God to forgive our sins and He will.

Reading: Luke 15:11-32

Reflection:

How do you feel knowing that God will always forgive you, no matter what, as long as you confess?

How would you feel if you were the brother who was the one who stayed and worked at the estate?

why do you think the father treated his son like that after he went out and spent all his money?

No comments:

Post a Comment