This is His hand extended for you.

Find A Topic

Monday, April 30, 2012

King of the Jews!

20120430-182157.jpg
During middle school and high school kids are mean. People find every excuse to make fun of someone and hurt them whether that be physically or mentally. Unfortunately, I have been in both sides of this behavior and no matter which side I've been on my worst behavior seems to shine through.
When people mock me based on false rumors, or what seems to be more common, a twist to the truth, my anger comes out and it is not good. I always end up swooping down to their level but maybe even lower. Getting mocked, ridiculed, or teased never sits well for me and I don't think it does for anyone. Recently some things have come up where I've tried to stay strong but I keep cracking. I need guidance from Jesus, after all he does better than anyone during times like this.
Soldiers hung a sign above Jesus saying "king of the Jews" and hit him, teased him, and mocked him, yet Jesus kept His cool. I've always wondered how and why He was able to do this because I know that I never would have been able to but the answer lies at the end of today's reading. Jesus lets them know that they have no power of Him.
Reading:
-John 19:1-11
Reflect:
-How do you react when being teased or treated unfairly?
-Do you react in a way that's simply giving people power over you when they never had it to begin with?
-What can you do to be more like Jesus when others ridicule you?
-Ask Jesus for help in your struggles. Ask Him for guidance so that you may become more like Him in the way you react to times like this and in life in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment