This is His hand extended for you.

Find A Topic

Friday, April 27, 2012

The Power of Prayer





To be honest, I sometimes struggle with prayer. Sure, I usually pray everyday, but am I really praying? Was "Dear, God bless me and my family today" really a prayer? It can be, if you say it and really mean it. If you mumble it for the sake of "saying" it, then no; but if you really say it from deep down it can be. As long as you really mean it, anything can be a prayer. I think there are 6 main things prayer can do including, having a deeper relationship with God, increases faith, provides a place to unload burdens, teaches us that God is always near, trains us not to panic, and it changes lives. Today, we're going to read a few different bible verses that I think show  us and teach us many different things about prayer. With prayer, anything is possible. 

Reading: Philippians 4:6-7, Luke 18:1, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, Romans 12:12

Reflecting: 

-How can you have peace and live a life that is free from anxiety according to Philippians 4:6-7?

-What does Jesus say in Luke 18:1 and how can we live like that?

-What does Thessalonians 5:16-18 say about "the recipe" to a wonderful life?

-When it comes to prayer, what does Romans 12:12 say?

No comments:

Post a Comment