This is His hand extended for you.

Find A Topic

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Matthew 14:22-36: Jesus Walks on Water



Today, I was having trouble deciding what to post. I went on to Google and typed in popular Bible stories. A list of the top 10 most popular bible stories came up. The ninth most popular story was when Jesus walks on water. I was kinda shocked to see that story in the top 10 most popular, I didn't think it was one of the most important. I took a closer look at it and read it and was shocked. I never really realized how important the message was.

"Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, 'Lord, save me!' Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. 'You of little faith,' he said, 'why did you doubt?'"

When Peter started to walk on the water, he had complete faith in God. When the wind started, his faith started to dwindle. This relates to how my day sometimes look. I'll wake up feeling really great and trusting God. Then as my day continues and something bad happens.. my faith will dwindle a little bit. Then something else happens.. and it goes down a little bit more. Then something good or faithful will happen and it will rise. It will continue to rise and fall all day. It's a constant battle trying to keep 100% complete faith in God. Some days, that'll happen. Some days, it won't. With God's strength and guidance I know I'll get to the point where I can 110% trust God, always.

Reading: Matthew 14:22-36

Reflecting:

-What do you do when your faith starts to dwindle down?

-Do you have complete faith in God 110% all the time, always? If not, what can you do to get to that point?

-If you were in Peters situation what would you do? Do you think you would have been able to trust God and walk to Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment