This is His hand extended for you.

Find A Topic

Friday, May 25, 2012

Let Their Iron Swim

A common theme that seems to be coming up in my life a lot lately is "helping others." I keep finding myself bending backwards to help others even when it means causing additional stressors in my already hectic life.
Something I am really excited about is working at the Kiwanis camp! It's a camp for disabled children and adults where they can have a week of fishing, horseback riding, arts and crafts, and friends. You can find more information about it here!
Because of all the "helping" that's going on in my life I know I am creating miracles. Whether or not these miracles affect me directly or not I know that when I go to camp these kids will experience something that they don't always get to. As small as it may be I want that week to be a miracle for them. My outlook on this brings me to today's reading.
In the reading a man drops a borrowed ax into the water. Elisha, a man of god, allows the iron to float to the man when he expresses his concern because the ax wasn't his.
By expressing his concern for OTHERS a miracle was preformed for him. Don't you think you could focus on others every single day to be making miracles no matter the size?
Reading:
2 Kings 6:1-7
Reflections:
-Are you currently trying to make a difference for OTHERS?
-What can you do to make a difference in others day to day life?
Goal:
Make it a goal this week to "make someone's iron swim." let yourself focus more on others needs and wants then your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment