This is His hand extended for you.

Find A Topic

Thursday, May 3, 2012

James 3:14-18: Jealousy

Lately I have been struggling a lot with jealousy. I'm not normally a jealous person and I really don't like the feeling. There are so many verses on jealousy and how awful it is.

Proverbs 14:30 says, "A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bone." This verse really influenced me. I interpreted it that when you're feeling peace, and at peace- your body is at peace. But when you feel jealous and envy, it rots you down to the bone.

"For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice." James 3:16

Every evil practice? Sexual immorality, impurity, hatred, rage, selfishness, lying, cheating, and so much more. Jealousy is a horrible feeling. I am praying that God will take these feelings away. James 3:14-18 has really helped me realize how bad jealousy is & how I can fix it.

Reading: James 3:14-18

Reflecting:

-Do you get jealous? If so, how does this make you feel?

-How do you stop your feelings of jealousy?

-Do you think jealousy is one of the worst sins you can commit?

No comments:

Post a Comment